Media is here to stay. How are we, as individuals and parents, to develop discernment in our usage and teach it to our children?
Our kids are being raised in a media-saturated world where their media choices have become virtually endless. Some of this is good, but when does it turn into too much of a good thing and become bad? Can too many media choices dilute what good and bad choices look like? With respect to digital technology is it wise for our kids to have unrestricted access to the proverbial candy shop of media? Are there psychological, emotional, behavioral, physical, and spiritual risks when media access is unrestricted?
Discussing Media with Phillip Telfer
Phillip Telfer is firstly a child of God and a disciple of Christ. Phillip is a pastor and is also a founder of Media Talk 101. He is the author of “Media Choices: Convictions or Compromise.” He also enjoys roasting his own coffee and sharing it with his family and friends.
- How many different platforms for entertainment are on the internet?
- Why is this topic not covered in Sunday sermons?
- How old was Phillip when he recognized the negative impacts of media?
- What is the first step to dealing with media issues?
- What event in history has begun waking people up to media dangers?
Image from Canva