We live in an age of instant gratification. This technology-driven culture has made a huge impact on the way we parent our kids.
Never Knowing a Time Without Tech
A generation ago, raising children was a totally different ballgame! Sure, technology has made our lives (and our parenting journeys) much easier in a lot of ways. But in other ways, technology has made our lives a whole lot more complicated.
Some may argue that technology today is hindering parents and their ability to impart, maintain and preserve moral standards, wisdom, and spiritual maturity. We also see that technology has played a role in the decision of young people to leave the church that they once called home.
How can we help to guide our children and help them establish a solid biblical worldview? Can we remain relevant in our society today? Is it possible that tech could actually be a part of the solution?
Discussing a Life with Tech with John Fuller
John Fuller has worked with Focus on the Family for the last three decades. Since 2001 he has been in the co-host seat of the Daily Broadcast with Focus President Jim Daily. That program reaches over 6 million listeners each week. He also hosts Focus on The Family Minute and the podcasts Focus on Marriage and Focus on Parenting. Most Focus programs are available online on Focus Radio.
He has written dozens of magazine articles and has also written a book called First Time Dad: The Stuff You Really Need to Know. John and his wife have six children of their own.
Offering a Solution
- Why is it so important for parents to first model healthy technology use?
- How do we equip our kids? How is this different than protecting them?
- Can technology be used in a positive way to help our kids grow closer to Christ?
- Are there any resources available to parents that offer guidance on this subject?
- What role does our lifestyle play in our child’s faith?
- What is the impact of showing up for our kids?
Image from Canva