As parents, we all want the best for our kids. But what do we do when our child or teen becomes a prodigal? Where do we turn? Is there hope?
Finding Hope for Parents
Last time on License to Parent:
“We always tell them that it’s not the parent’s choice. It’s the child’s choice that got them into the situation that they are in. All we can do is love them, parent them, model them, encourage them, and point them in the right direction. But ultimately it’s their decision to make and we try to reinforce that as much as we can.”
Discussing Resources for Parents of Prodigals with John and Fair Brocard
Last week we heard from John Brocard and his wife Fair in Part I. They are parents of a former prodigal and the founders of Prodigal Child Ministries. Today we invite you to join us for Part II of our conversation as we bring hope to the parents of prodigals.
Where to Turn
- What encouragement is there for parents of prodigals?
- What resources are available for parents and prodigals?
- How can you find other families dealing with similar difficulties and challenges?
- Is there a list of treatment programs for teens and young adults?
- Why is the existence of God so important to mental health and goodwill?
- Do parents need to be in Atlanta to receive assistance from Prodigal Child Ministries?
Image from Canva