In these politically correct times that are bringing the cool factor to androgyny, parents who are trying to raise their boys into men are not finding it as routine as it was for parents just a decade ago. It’s far from it, in fact.
The Crisis of Manhood
Today, there are new standards, protocols, and even terms that many of us are yet to be familiar with. In fact, many of the definitions of these terms have to be sorted out and agreed upon before we can have an intelligent conversation about manhood.
Apparent absolutes about boys and men have become fluid. But more than that, American culture has created a climate ripe for systemic discouragement of our young men. Have they been in some sense emasculated? If so, what can be done about it?
The crisis of manhood extends beyond political correctness. The bottom line is that we have messed with God’s ecosystem. When the creation thinks that they have a better idea for doing and defining life than the creator, that’s when we are building a house of cards.
Discussing The Challenges of Manhood Today with Gregory Koufacos
Today we welcome Gregory Koufacos to the program. Gregory is a veteran addiction counselor and therapist. He has just published a book called: The Primal Method: a book for emerging men. This book explores the epidemic of young men failing to launch.
Gregory holds a master’s degree in Psychology from the New School of Social Research. He’s a licensed clinical alcohol and drug counselor and a nationally certified recovery coach. Gregory’s work helps clients identify what’s gone wrong, why traditional therapy often fails them, and how emerging men can break their debilitating cycles.
A Parenting Crisis Coming to Light
- What can parents do to mitigate negative culture while their children are still boys?
- How much of this issue is due to all the things our young kids are stimulated with 24/7/365 via technology?
- It is essential for every young man to find his purpose in life. How can parents do a better job at helping their sons find their purpose?
- In what way is the authentic connection a part of healing and growth?
- What is the primal mind?
- What is the difference between finding a purpose and finding your purpose?
Image from Pixabay