When Behavioral terms have no real meaning anymore, then that becomes the ingredients for confusion and chaos in the minds of our children.
It is not an easy job being a parent to any child, but even harder being a parent to a daughter. What are some parenting techniques you use to raise a daughter in our toxic culture? Are you discussing with your daughters about today’s vial sexual marketing of and to young girls?
Dr. Meg Meeker has spent 30 years as a practicing pediatrician and she is the author of the best selling book, Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters. She serves on the advisory board of the Medical Institute and is a fellow of the American Pediatrics. Dr. Meeker is an associate professor of medicine at the Michigan State University College of Human Medicine and she also shares a medical practice with her husband Walter, in Northern, MI. Her latest book is, Raising a Strong Daughter in a Toxic Culture.
Strong Girls to Powerful Women
- Do you believe that girls have become victims in today’s toxic society? Do you think it has become hazardous to their mental health?
- Parents have a difficult time navigating in a culture where they have to explain why George is now Gina and why their young teen daughters’ friends are already sexually active.
- Do we as parents need to just let our kids figure life out and stop micromanaging their every thought, move and judgment? Is this too much Freedom?
- If we are not aligned with God, and you do not believe in science, you do not have the ability to discern any kind of truth.
- As a parent, are you recognizing the Madison Ave. marketers that have targeted our daughters and their young minds? Are you teaching your daughters they have to earn respect and admiration?
Picture via: Pixabay