Last time on License to Parent we spoke with Joshua Temple, an insider at Shepherd’s Hill Academy. If you missed that episode, you can listen to it online Here.
Today we continue the conversation and dive into parenting troubled teens and some of the mistakes parents make along the way. One such mistake includes trying to become friends with our kids. That will come, but first is a process and a period of “pruning” in order for our children to grow into healthy and responsible adults. We will hear more about what Joshua and others see when students arrive at Shepherd’s Hill Academy for the first time. That’s today on License to Parent.
Practical Tips for Today’s Parents
- Sensitive parents bring up sensitive children. How can we become secure as parents so that we can successfully lead?
- What role does your identity play in parenting?
- What are the benefits of saying “I Don’t Know”
- How does technology impact the actions of our children?
- How important is the influence of parents on today’s youth?
Picture via: Shutterstock