In our politically-correct world of euphemisms, safe spaces, trigger words and social justice, cutting through all the fat to get to the real meat of today’s myriad parenting challenges can be particularly difficult compared to times past.
Trace and I will be having a candid discussion about some of the more sensitive and under-discussed topics that face American parents these days. I want to warn you, this program will not be for the faint of heart. In fact, it could even step on some of our toes a little bit. But, if you’re willing to take a hard look at some of the critical issues we parents are going to have to face in order to bring some sanity back into our parenting experience, then stay tuned.
Today we speak with Joshua Temple. He is a 29-year-old US Military veteran. Joshua is now the Residential Coordinator at Shepherd’s Hill Academy, leading the group of staff members who are “in the trenches” with the students during their daily life.
The Challenges of Parenting in America
- Where is the fragility of our children coming from? Has this impacted our spiritual lives?
- How has emotional fragility impacted our view of love?
- What are the long term effects of being emotionally fragile as a parent?
- What role does entitlement play in our generation?
- What are the benefits of challenges and obstacles?
Picture via: Pixabay