This week on License to Parent with Trace Embry… Trace Embry and Rich Roszel welcome Kim Trobee, who has spent the past 12 years working with Focus On the Family. She directed and hosted the long-running Family News In Focus broadcast for several years and now serves as Manager of Communications for Family Policy Alliance, formerly known as Focus On the Family Action and later Citizen Link.
There’s a saying: “We get the government we deserve.” Unfortunately, Americans are becoming more and more ignorant of our nation’s roots and of the way our government is intended to function. As such, we parents have our work cut out for us as we try to raise kids who can be change agents in our culture.
Today’s topics include:
- A brief overview of Family Policy Alliance.
- What roles should Christians play in the political process?
- What’s the background behind the so-called “separation of Church and State?”
- What is Biblical Citizenship?
- How should Christian parents approach prayer and praying for our government? And what more should we be doing?
- How do you speak to young people about getting involved in change when they have bought into all the promises of free stuff from our government?
- How can we teach patriotism when our country has strayed so far from its biblical heritage?
Kim Trobee recommends these additional resources to understand our biblical rights:
- A document about Biblical Citizenship from the Ethics and Religious Liberties Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention (Go to erlc.com and use the search function to find several articles about Citizenship)
- WallBuilders is an organization founded by David Barton that holds the largest collection of original writings from our founding fathers. Access them at wallbuilders.com.
You can find out more about Kim Trobee and the work of Family Policy Alliance at FamilyPolicyAlliance.com.
Shop SmileAmazon, and .5% of your purchases go to Shepherds Hill Academy. Share your thoughts on today’s program at our Facebook Fan Page, on Twitter @licensetoparent, or by emailing us at email@example.com. Subscribe to our blog, Insight for Today’s Culture. Also, if you’d like to give a gift of support to help families discover more about finding hope and healing through Christ-centered, practical parenting advice, please click on our “Donate” button.