This week on License to Parent with Trace Embry… Trace Embry and Rich Roszel talk with G. Craige Lewis. He is a musician, pastor and author of the book, The Truth Behind Hip Hop. G. Craige Lewis is also the Founder of Ex Ministries, a ministry that exposes the effects of music on our youth. His book is about the hidden dark side of hip hop music and its culture. Is Rock ‘n’ Roll the devil’s music? Bach said that all music should be for the glorification of God or for the refreshment of the human spirit. Is our music — and the music we bring into our worship — glorifying and refreshing? Or are we merely entertaining ourselves at the expense of our spiritual well-being.
Today’s topics include:
- A brief overview of the book, The Truth Behind Hip Hop, and an introduction to Ex Ministries.
- What’s the difference between Rap and Hip Hop and why do you refer to Hip Hop as a religion?
- What is the Hip Hop “bible” that was written by KRS-One?
- Why are fatherless homes so prevalent in the African-American culture? And how has Hip Hop filled that void?
- Can Hip Hop be used for good as well as evil?
- What about people who claim to have been saved at a Christian Hip Hop concert?
You can find out more about G. Craige Lewis and his work at www.ExMinistries.com. His book, The Truth Behind Hip Hop is available here