This week on License to Parent with Trace Embry… Trace Embry and Rich Roszel talk with Dr. Sean McDowell about the book he co-wrote with his father, Josh McDowell, The Beauty of Intolerance. Sean McDowell, Ph.D., is an assistant professor in the Master of Arts Christian Apologetics program at Biola University. He’s also a best-selling author of more than 15 books.
Today’s topics include:
- The more dangerous cultural norms that our culture tolerates today, like the dangers of the lack of freedom.
- How the Bible views the issue of tolerance.
- How does tolerance impact our parenting, like generational communication, dignity and worldview?
- Is there any difference between tolerating and condoning something?
- Many terms are being redefined. What other changes in the meanings of terms should we be aware of?
- What is the danger in being truly tolerant? Agreeing to disagree, but allowing differing views to be discussed, and/or silencing others.
- What’s the difference between cultural tolerance and traditional tolerance?
- How do we engage teachers and other influencers of our children in conversations about tolerance?
- How do we talk to, and what should we be teaching our kids?
You can connect with Dr. Sean McDowell and find his books; including, The Beauty of Intolerance, at the website SeanMcDowell.org. He also referred listeners to SummitMinistries.org for more information about how to engage with your kids.
Shop SmileAmazon, and .5% of your purchases go to Shepherds Hill Academy. Share your thoughts on today’s program at our Facebook Fan Page, on Twitter @licensetoparent, or by emailing us at email@example.com. Subscribe to our blog, Insight for Today’s Culture. Also, if you’d like to give a gift of support to help families discover more about finding hope and healing through Christ-centered, practical parenting advice, please click on our “Donate” button.