This week on License to Parent with Trace Embry… Trace Embry and Rich Roszel share the entitlement cure for your teen today with guest Dr. John Townsend.
Dr. John Townsend is a New York Times bestselling author, business consultant, leadership coach and psychologist. He has written or co-written 27 books, and his newest book is titled “The Entitlement Cure.” He is a co-host of the nationally-syndicated talk show “New Life Live.” Dr. Townsend is founder of the Townsend Institute for Leadership and Counseling, helping families and businesses. He is also active on the board of Mustard Seed Ranch, a residential program for abused children.
Today’s Topics Include:
- What is entitlement compared to narcissism
- How the Bible speaks to entitlement
- Causes of entitlement brought on by parents
- How affluence and entitlement can be harmful
- Why there is so much media attention on entitlement
- How it affects relationships, families, the work place and the impoverished
- How to approach someone in your life who is entitled, and how to help them change
- Beware of statements and or attitudes in your kids like; “I deserve,” “I am not responsible” or “I deserve special treatment”
Learn more about Dr. John Townsend, his work and his books at his website drtownsend.com
Shop SmileAmazon, and .5% of your purchases go to Shepherds Hill Academy. Share your thoughts on today’s program at our Facebook Fan Page, on Twitter @licensetoparent, or by emailing us at email@example.com. Subscribe to our blog, Insight for Today’s Culture. Also, if you’d like to give a gift of support to help families discover more about finding hope and healing through Christ-centered, practical parenting advice, please click on our “Donate” button.