This week on License to Parent with Trace Embry… Trace Embry and Rich Roszel talk with author Karen Whiting about her devotional book for girls entitled “My Princess Devotions,” and how we as parents can help our earthly princesses relate to their Heavenly Father. The ways in which our daughters view themselves differs from girl to girl. Today’s conversation might just help you come up with a different strategy for reaching and equipping your daughter to be the kind of “princess” God wants her to be. Teach your princess to give devotions to her King.
Today’s topics include:
- Why there is a need for a devotional book specifically for God.
- Does the average girl process scripture differently than the average boy?
- Why present spiritual matters within a “princess” theme?
- What role should a father play in cultivating the right attitudes in his daughter?
- How to discover the type of girl your daughter is, and how best to approach discipleship.
- The benefits beyond spiritual growth of developing a devotional habit with your children.
- How to teach old stories from the Bible in our modern day.
- When one parent has to be away from home for an extended period, how can the family still include that parent in the family devotional times?
You can learn more about Karen Whiting, her books and her other writing at KarenWhiting.com.
Shop SmileAmazon, and .5% of your purchases go to Shepherds Hill Academy. Share your thoughts on today’s program at our Facebook Fan Page, on Twitter @licensetoparent, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Subscribe to our blog, Insight for Today’s Culture. Also, if you’d like to give a gift of support to help families discover more about finding hope and healing through Christ-centered, practical parenting advice, please click on our “Donate” button.