This week on License to Parent with Trace Embry… Trace Embry and Rich Roszel talk about living with a family member who is suffering with an addiction. Today, 23 million Americans suffer with addictions, so there’s a good chance someone you know is one of them. Our guest today is Sharron Cosby, author of the book, Praying for Your Addicted Loved One: 90 in 90, and the mom of a son who was addicted to drugs for a number of years. At the time of this recording, he has been clean for six years.
Today’s topics include:
- What does “90 in 90” mean and why is it important?
- Is marijuana a gateway drug? What about alcohol? What about drugs used in the mental health field to manage ADHD and other challenges?
- Has culture, in any way, created more addicts?
- How does scripture address addictions and how did it help you through the challenges?
- How do you know when you or a loved one has crossed the line into addiction?
- Why is it necessary to get medical help to get off of certain addictive substances?
- What ways does addiction affect other family members and how does it affect the relationships within the family?
- What ways can the church help?
You can learn more about Sharron Cosby, her books and her ministry at SharronCosby.com. You can also find the books books at Amazon.com.
Shop SmileAmazon, and .5% of your purchases go to Shepherds Hill Academy. Share your thoughts on today’s program at our Facebook Fan Page, on Twitter @licensetoparent, or by emailing us at email@example.com. Subscribe to our blog, Insight for Today’s Culture. Also, if you’d like to give a gift of support to help families discover more about finding hope and healing through Christ-centered, practical parenting advice, please click on our “Donate” button.