This week on License to Parent with Trace Embry… Trace Embry and Rich Roszel talk about living with a family member who is suffering with an addiction. Today, 23 million Americans suffer with addictions, so there’s a good chance someone you know is one of them. Our guest today is Sharron Cosby, author of the book, Praying for Your Addicted Loved One: 90 in 90, and the mom of a son who was addicted to drugs for a number of years. At the time of this recording, he has been clean for six years.
Today’s topics include:
- What does “90 in 90” mean and why is it important?
- Is marijuana a gateway drug? What about alcohol? What about drugs used in the mental health field to manage ADHD and other challenges?
- Has culture, in any way, created more addicts?
- How does scripture address addictions and how did it help you through the challenges?
- How do you know when you or a loved one has crossed the line into addiction?
- Why is it necessary to get medical help to get off of certain addictive substances?
- What ways does addiction affect other family members and how does it affect the relationships within the family?
- What ways can the church help?
Shop SmileAmazon, and .5% of your purchases go to Shepherds Hill Academy. Share your thoughts on today’s program at our Facebook Fan Page, on Twitter @licensetoparent, or by emailing us at email@example.com. Subscribe to our blog, Insight for Today’s Culture. Also, if you’d like to give a gift of support to help families discover more about finding hope and healing through Christ-centered, practical parenting advice, please click on our “Donate” button.