This week on License to Parent with Trace Embry… Trace Embry and Rich Roszel look into the old adage that if you tell a lie big enough, and keep repeating it long enough, people will eventually come to believe it. Surely this is some of what’s been happening on society of late as we throw out the old norms and embrace new thinking about marriage, gender fluidity, homosexuality and even faith. Our guest on this week’s program is David H. Pickup, M.A., LMFT, a licensed marriage and family therapist and the lead plaintiff in a lawsuit (Pickup vs. Brown) which attempts to overturn a California law that makes it illegal to engage in restorative therapy in that state.
Today’s topics include:
- Is there scientific support for homosexuality being something you’re born with?
- Why is early childhood sexuality considered harmful?
- What effect does early exposure to pornography have on a child?
- What is Reparative Therapy and why are so many in the mental health field against it?
- What is the American Psychological Association position on Reparative Therapy?
- Is homosexual behavior limited to humans? And if not, then why is it a problem for humans to engage in it?
- If a child reveals to his parent that he has same sex tendencies, what should the parent do to love the child while properly guiding him through these issues?
- How can parents foster a better spiritual environment within the home?
You can learn more about David Pickup and his work at DavidPickupLMFT.com.
Shop SmileAmazon, and .5% of your purchases go to Shepherds Hill Academy. Share your thoughts on today’s program at our Facebook Fan Page, on Twitter @licensetoparent, or by emailing us at email@example.com. Subscribe to our blog, Insight for Today’s Culture. Also, if you’d like to give a gift of support to help families discover more about finding hope and healing through Christ-centered, practical parenting advice, please click on our “Donate” button.