This week on License to Parent with Trace Embry… Trace Embry and Rich Roszel continue their conversation with Phillip Telfer about teaching our kids moderation in media consumption. Phillip is the Director of Media Talk 101, a non-profit ministry dedicated to teaching media discernment in the light of following Christ. He also wrote Media Choices: Convictions or Compromise?, produced and co-directed the award-winning documentary Captivated, and founded the annual Christian Worldview Film Festival and Film-makers’ Guild. He is now a pastor at Living Water Fellowship in Bulverde, Texas.
Today’s topics include:
- Is digital technology too often the cause for our restlessness?
- The value of living in “reality” vs. living vicariously through video games and electronic entertainment.
- Finding good replacements for time spent on digital devices.
- Is there a problem with the school systems handing out iPads to students?
- Proper training for the use of digital tools.
- Trend among filmmakers to make films with Christian themes.
- The Christian Worldview Film Festival in San Antonio, TX.
- Watching films and engaging with media in community as a family.
- Making your children wait before having a smartphone, and even a cell phone.
- What are convictions and why are they important?
Shop SmileAmazon, and .5% of your purchases go to Shepherds Hill Academy. Share your thoughts on today’s program at our Facebook Fan Page, on Twitter @licensetoparent, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Subscribe to our blog, Insight for Today’s Culture. Also, if you’d like to give a gift of support to help families discover more about finding hope and healing through Christ-centered, practical parenting advice, please click on our “Donate” button.