This week on License to Parent with Trace Embry… Trace Embry and Rich Roszel talk about the challenges of teaching our kids the Gospel in an age when our government, society, scientific community, and even many of our close friends are largely against it. Joining in on this conversation is our guest, Alex McFarland. Alex is an author, apologist, conference speaker, and part of the Center for Christian Worldview at North Greenville University in Tigerville, South Carolina. He also helps to organize and lead an annual Christian apologetics conference called Truth for a New Generation (TNG). His latest book, soon to be released, is called The God You Thought You Knew: Exposing the 10 Biggest Myths About Christianity.
Topics covered in this week’s conversation include:
- An overview of this year’s TNG conference.
- What parents and pastors can do to better equip their kids and congregations to defend the Christian faith.
- A call to action for Christian men, and especially fathers.
- Why the TNG conference and Christian apologetics in general are important in an age of “many paths to truth.”
- How science and world religions play into Christian apologetics, and how they will be covered at the TNG conference.
You can learn more about Alex McFarland, his ministry, and his many books on his website AlexMcFarland.com. His books are also available on Amazon.com. You can learn more about the TNG conference at TruthForANewGeneration.com.
Shop SmileAmazon, and .5% of your purchases go to Shepherds Hill Academy. Share your thoughts on today’s program at our Facebook Fan Page, on Twitter @licensetoparent, or by emailing us at email@example.com. Subscribe to our blog, Insight for Today’s Culture. Also, if you’d like to give a gift of support to help families discover more about finding hope and healing through Christ-centered, practical parenting advice, please click on our “Donate” button.