This week on License to Parent with Trace Embry… On this episode of License to Parent, Trace Embry and Rich Roszel pit parental discernment against conspiratorial paranoia. How do we tell these two apart in a world full of subtle marketing and political agendas? Is there really some big secret scheme undermining our authority as parents? And how much privacy do we really have in this modern, digital age?
Dr. Katherine Albrecht weighs in on this discussion, bringing to the table her years of experience in privacy research, in consumer advocacy, and even in the courtroom. Dr. Albrecht is also a bestselling author and nationally syndicated radio host. She holds a Doctorate in Human Development and Consumer Education from Harvard University, and received a Masters from Harvard in Technology, Innovation, and Education.
Today’s topics include:
- A brief discussion of Dr. Albrecht’s radio program, and how it applies to parents.
- Changes in recent decades that should make us take a more serious look at Christ’s return than did previous generations.
- A breakdown of Dr. Albrecht’s book for children, I Won’t Take the Mark.
- How much parents should discuss signs of the end times with their kids.
- Privacy and Safety Concerns vs. Convenience — and the dangers of taking the easy route.
You can learn more about Dr. Katherine Albrecht, her work, her books, and her radio program at KatherineAlbrecht.com. You can also find her books at Amazon.com, and her children’s book (I Won’t Take the Mark) at VirtuePress.com.
Shop SmileAmazon, and .5% of your purchases go to Shepherds Hill Academy. Share your thoughts on today’s program at our Facebook Fan Page, on Twitter @licensetoparent, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Subscribe to our blog, Insight for Today’s Culture. Also, if you’d like to give a gift of support to help families discover more about finding hope and healing through Christ-centered, practical parenting advice, please click on our “Donate” button.