This week on License to Parent with Trace Embry… we talk about the “Millennial Generation.” Our guest is Dr. Jolene Erlacher who, with her passion for equipping a new generation of leaders, founded the organization Leading Tomorrow with the goal of training churches, schools, and other groups in the area of effective intergenerational leadership. Jolene’s education background includes a graduate certificate in International Leadership. Her Master’s degree is in English and her doctorate is in Leadership from the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, MN. Dr. Jolene Erlacher is also the author of the book, Millennials in Ministry, which we cover on today’s program.
Topics addressed include:
- Understanding the differences in ministering to different generations.
- Parallels between intergenerational mentoring and cross-cultural missionary work.
- “Curriculum” -vs- “organic learning.”
- What makes a good mentor?
- Is the Church “a step behind” in its approach to teaching today’s youth?
Shop SmileAmazon, and .5% of your purchases go to Shepherds Hill Academy. Share your thoughts on today’s program at our Facebook Fan Page, on Twitter @licensetoparent, or by emailing us at email@example.com. While on our website, LicenseToParent.org, you can also subscribe to our blog, Insight for Today’s Culture, and/or give a gift of financial support at our Donate page.