This week on License to Parent with Trace Embry… Trace Embry and Rich Roszel talk with David Eaton about the issue of young people leaving the church and how parents can work to build a stronger legacy of faith in their kids. David is the CEO and Co-Founder of Axis, which is a Christian organization designed to help schools, churches, students and parents find the answers to difficult spiritual questions.
Today’s topics include:
- How and why Axis came to be.
- How many young Christians on average leave the church at or around college age.
- Why we need to firmly connect faith and reality in the minds of our kids.
- Parental awareness of cultural influence on children.
- Why a constant connection to peers through digital technology is emotionally dangerous, and what damage it can do.
You can learn more about David Eaton and his organization at Axis.org.
Shop SmileAmazon, and .5% of your purchases go to Shepherds Hill Academy. Share your thoughts on today’s program at our Facebook Fan Page, on Twitter @licensetoparent, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Subscribe to our blog, Insight for Today’s Culture. Also, if you’d like to give a gift of support to help families discover more about finding hope and healing through Christ-centered, practical parenting advice, please click on our “Donate” button.